Academic Standing & Academic Dismissal
- Full‐Time Status A full‐time student must maintain
at least 12 credits during a semester, or at a
minimum be fully enrolled in a program of study if
the program of study is less than 12 credits for the
- Part‐Time Status Part‐time students will be those
who are registered for less than twelve credits or
less than fully enrolled in their program of study if
the program of study less than 12 credits for the
semester and the student is not taking general
education courses. Stevens will accept part‐time,
tuition‐paying, non‐resident students in general
education, technical, and evening courses, provided
vacancies exist in a particular area. The tuition rate
is by credit hour.
Good Academic Standing Students must maintain all
of the following:
- Earn an overall “C” average (2.0) cumulative grade
point average (GPA).
- Earn a “C” average (2.0) cumulative average in their technical majors.
Any student who does not maintain an overall 2.0 cumulative GPA and a 2.0 cumulative average in his/her major at the end of any semester shall be placed on academic probation for the
following semester (except as noted under 5d
If the student is unsuccessful in bringing his/her GPA to a minimum of 2.0 for the semester during which he/she is on academic probation, the student is liable for dismissal.
- Decisions for academic dismissal shall be made by
the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Decisions
will be based on maintenance of full‐time status,
GPA, and/or student’s demonstrated performance.
- Any student who has not earned a minimum 2.0
GPA at the end of a semester during which the
student is on academic probation is liable for
dismissal from the College.
- Any student who fails a prerequisite course in
their vocational program may not advance to the
next semester. They may also be dismissed from
- Any student who has not earned a minimum GPA
of 1.0 at the end of a semester will be dismissed.
Any student who earns a GPA between 1.0 and
1.49 at the end of a semester is liable for dismissal.
- Students dismissed from the College will be given
the opportunity to be considered for readmission
following one semester’s absence from the
- Students that fail pre‐requisite courses for the
next semester may be dismissed from the