The Welding Technology Certificate Program provides the opportunity to develop skills necessary to be a skilled entry level welders in the welding industry. There is an increasing demand for welders in a variety of industries including light and heavy construction, automobile, aircraft, gas and oil, railroad, machinery and manufacturing industries. These skills are developed through theory and hands-on application into various welding specialties including Blueprint Reading and Advanced Computer Aided Design, Oxy-Fuel Welding and Related Processes, Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Basic Gas Metal Arc Welding, and Basic Gas Tungsten Arc Welding.
Students find employment in a wealth of industries related to construction, machinery, manufacturing oil and gas, and transportation industries. Graduates with entry level certifications will find challenging jobs with opportunity for rapid advancement.
- Interpret welding blueprints
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel with the oxy fuel welding process
- Weld carbon steel with the shielded metal arc welding process
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel with the gas metal arc welding process
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel with the gas tungsten arc welding process