Student Internship Application
Definition of Internship
- An Internship is an approved educational program whereby a student earns college credit for work experience in their respective field of study.
- Student must complete the Internship Application form at the beginning of the internship in which they will work. There is no tuition cost for this course.
- At that time, student must meet with the Internship Coordinator (Laurie Grove) who will provide details and requirements of the course. This includes all forms, the number of work hours required, the determination of a final grade, and the daily work logs.
- The work hours of the Internship must be completed within the semester. In-completes will not be awarded.
- The Internship cannot be used to satisfy graduation requirement unless the program specifically includes it in the curriculum. In any event, the grade for the Internship will count toward the overall GPA of the student (not the program major GPA).
Internship Essay must be submitted to the Internship Coordinator the Friday prior to the last day of the semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) in order to receive credit.