TRADE ADJUSTMENT ASSISTANCE COMMUNITY COLLEGE AND CAREER TRAINING (TAACCCT) GRANTS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Pennsylvania Manufacturing Workforce Training Center
US Dept. of Labor, Employment and Training Admin. 3rdround TAACCCT
SINGLE INSTITUTION PROJECT OPTION:
2: Work-Based Training Opportunities, including a new employer sponsorship program, and more internship and co-op opportunities
PA Counties: Lancaster County and 56 surrounding PA counties Cities: Lancaster City, York, Harrisburg, Lebanon, Reading, Chester, Philadelphia and more
PERFORMANCE TIME FRAME:
Oct. 1, 2013 – Sept. 30, 2017
Stevens College will create and equip a new Pennsylvania Manufacturing Workforce Training Center to serve as a regional hub for technical education and an important community support for preparing and maintaining a globally prepared manufacturing workforce. The Center will enable Stevens College to
- enlarge its educational pipeline in three programs: Machine Tooling & Computerized Manufacturing; Metal Fabrication & Welding; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration (HVAC/R);
- create three new programs of study: Metalcasting (foundry, short term, 3-week); Welding (short term, 5- week); and ElectroMechanical Technology (mechatronics)
- expand its existing employer and industry contacts, leading to more work-based training opportunities, employer sponsorships, internships, and co-ops. The equipment purchased and installed with this grant as well as the additional faculty time will assist the College in increasing enrollment in related day and evening programs. Ultimately, the goal of the Center is to double the numbers of students who gain skills for careers in manufacturing as well as to train and refresh the skills of incumbent workers so Pennsylvania becomes a magnet that attracts manufacturing reshoring.
LIST OF CREDENTIALS TO BE DEVELOPED AND/OR AWARDED:
Click on the program name to visit the website.
Industry-Recognized Credentials to Be Awarded
Competency Certificate, Assoc. in Applied Science degree (AAS), NOCTI Certificate
AAS, NOCTI Certificate
EPA 608 Certificate, AAS, NOCTI Certificate
AAS, NOCTI Certificate
Welding (short term)
Metalcasting(short term, Foundry)
POPULATIONS TO BE SERVED:
Veterans, TAA-eligible workers, long-term unemployed, underemployed, low-income, minorities, women, other adults, and traditional students
NAICS 2382 Construction/Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Contractors; and NAICS 31-33 Manufacturing
- AFS (American Foundry Society, Inc.) and its Cast Metals Institute (w/ 700 corporate members and almost 7,000 individual members in 41 countries worldwide)
- MASCPA (Manufacturers Association of South Central PA) w/350 member companies
- MSCI (Metals Service Center Institute) Philadelphia chapter w/ 26 companies
- Precision Machined Products Association
- Southeastern PA Chapter of RETA (Refrigerating Engineers and Technicians Association)
- American Bar Products
- Astro Machine Works, Inc.
- Automation Solutions, Inc.
- Buck Company, Inc.
- Bearon Manufacturing
- Crescent Industries, Inc.
- Flex-Cell Precision, Inc.
- GEA Refrigeration North America
- Greiner Industries, Inc.
- Kercher Machine Works, Inc.
- Machined Products Co.
- Triangle Refrigeration
- PartMaker Inc.
- Permac Inds. President (Founder of Right Skills Now)
- Precision Custom Components, LLC
- U.S. Boiler Company, Inc.
PUBLIC WORKFORCE SYSTEM PARTNER(S):
Lancaster Co. WIB and PA CareerLink
PERCENTAGE OF OER (ONLINE EDUCATIONAL RESOURCE) PROGRAM MATERIALS DEVELOPED VS. PERCENTAGE OF LICENSED OR PURCHASED PROGRAM MATERIALS:
100% of online or hybrid grant-funded materials will be developed as open source resources. The College reserves the right to control the rights to the content of the course and will work with its partners on licensing so that the course and its content can be appropriately protected.
- Pam McCarty
- TAACCCT Grant Project Manager
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Office: 717-391-6934
- Cell: 717 327-5028
DOWNLOAD THIS REPORT
Click here to download a PDF of this report.