Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning - Refrigeration Performance Measures
HVAC-R Program Performance Measures
Internal Key Performance Indicators (SOURCES: Internal data collections, and Post-Graduate Surveys)
Note: HVAC is the abbreviation for Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration; a two-year associate degreed program of study. In Fall ‘12 TSCT expanded the program’s capacity by adding an evening cohort that admitted a new freshmen class every other year. In Fall '15 TSCT truly doubled the capacity of the HVAC program by admitting a new freshmen class every year in the evening cohort. Outcomes listed below are based on overall program performance
Key Performance Indicators
|Class '11||Class '12||Class '13||Class '14||Class '15||Class '16|
|Post Graduate Survey Response Rate||66.7%||81.3%||93.3%||68.2%||77.8%||92.0%|
|Employed Full Time Within Major||75.0%||100%||92.9%||93.3%||100%||91.0%|
|Employed Full Time Outside Major||25.0%||0.0%||0.0%||6.7%||0.0%||6.0%|
|Rate of Respondents to Salary Inquiry||0.0%||69.2%||78.6%||86.7%||85.7%||57.58%|
|Annual Median Starting Salary||NA||$26,500||$32,000||$37,500||$37,500||$37,500|
|Reported Hourly Rate||NA||$12.74||$15.38||$18.03||$18.03||$18.03|
|Reported Salary Range (Lowest-Highest)||NA||$22,000-
- Progression Rate reflects the continuous term-to-term persistence rate for certificate programs and the fall-to-fall retention rate for associate degree programs.
- Graduation Rate reflects the number of freshmen who were officially enrolled in the fall semester and earned a certificate or degree within the expected timeframe.
- Post Graduate Survey an annual on-line post graduate survey utilized by the college to gather vital information regarding career placement, starting salary, and level of satisfaction.
- Post Graduate Survey Response Rate- Percentage of Graduates who responded to the Post-Graduate Survey.
- Placement Rate is the percent of graduate survey respondents who reported being employed or continued their education on a full-time basis.
- Employed Full Time within Major - Percentage of graduates who reported being employed full-time within their field of study.
- Employed Full Time outside Major - Percentage of graduates who reported being employed full-time outside their field of study.
- Graduate Satisfaction is the median graduate survey response evaluating the level of preparation for workforce entry (based on a 5-Item Likert Scale).
- Rate of Respondents to Salary Inquiry - Percentage of Annual Post Graduate Survey respondents who returned salary information.
- Annual Median Starting Salary is based on the graduate survey response to the request to identify a starting salary from a range of options. This graph shows the median first year annual salary. All calculations are based on the respondent’s self reported first year annual income.
- Reported Hourly Rate - determined by dividing the reported median salary by the number of hours in a traditional full-time work week (40), then the number of weeks in a year (52).
- Reported Salary Range - Beginning with “less than $20,000” and increasing in $5,000 increments (i.e. $20,000-24,999) and ending with “more than $70,000, graduate survey respondents selected their 1st year annual salary range.