Institutional Performance Measures
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is committed to continuous improvement and monitors its institutional effectiveness (how well its performance matches its purpose) in a number of ways. The College’s Key Performance Indicators are based on internal and external evidence-based metrics, several of which are listed below. A primary external source is the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics that compiles the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) statistics. IPEDS compares Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology to 29 two-year colleges located in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Internal Key Performance Indicators
(sources: internal data collections, post-graduate surveys, employer surveys, and PowerFAIDS)
|Indicators||Class of 2015||Class of 2016||Class of 2017||Class of 2018||Class of 2019||Class of 2020|
|Post Graduate Survey Response Rate||89.3%||88%||82.4%||90.6%||87%||76.1%|
|Employer Survey Response Rate||55%||52%||41%||43%||N/A*||N/A*|
|Employer Satisfaction I
(Satisfied or Very Satisfied)
|Employer Satisfaction II
(Good or Excellent)
|Students with Loan Debt||63.9%||63.7%||66%||61%||61%||64.9%|
|Student Loan Debt (Median)||$9,325||$7,356||$9,000||$10,315||$9,667||$10,332|
- Progression Rate: reflects the continuous term-to-term persistence rate for certificate programs and the fall-to-fall retention rate for associate degree programs.
- Graduation Rate: reflects the number of freshmen who were officially enrolled in the fall semester and earned a certificate or degree within the expected time frame.
Post GraduateSurvey: an annual on-line post graduatesurvey utilized by the college to gather vital information regarding career placement, starting salary, and level of satisfaction. Employer Satisfaction Survey an annual on-lineemployer survey utilized by the college to gather vital information regarding the preparation level of the Stevens’ graduate.
- Placement Rate is the percent of graduate survey respondents who reported being employed or continued their education on a full-time basis.
- Graduate Satisfaction is the median graduate survey response evaluating the level of preparation for workforce entry (based on a 5-Item Likert Scale).
- Annual Median Starting Salary is based on the graduate survey response to the request to identify a starting salary from a range of options. This graph shows the median
first yearannual salary. All calculations are based on the respondent’s self reported first yearannual income. For program specific salary information, see Individual Programs Performance Measures. Rounded to the nearest thousand dollar.
- Response Rate: the percentage of employers who responded to the survey compared to the number of employers who received the survey.
- Employer Satisfaction I: the percentage of employers who rated their level of satisfaction with the work and performance of the graduate currently WITHIN their organization as "Satisfied or Very Satisfied" based on a 5-level Likert Scale.
- Employer Satisfaction II: the percentage of employers who rated the overall workforce preparation of graduates upon hire as "Good or Excellent" based on a 5-level Likert Scale. *An employer satisfaction survey was not disseminated for the Class of 2019 due to COVID-19*
- Student Loan Profile: derived from combining the total amount of all student loans received by the student during their time at Stevens. Since TSCT is a residential college, much of the debt is incurred as a result of room and board expenses.
- Students with Loan Debt reflects the percentage of students with loan debt.
- Student Loan Debt indicates the median amount of student loan debt.+
National Center for Education Statistics
The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) is a system of survey components that collects data from about 7,500 institutions that provide postsecondary education across the United States. IPEDS collects institution-level data on student enrollment, graduation rates, student charges, program completions, faculty, staff, and finances. These data are used at the federal and state level for policy analysis and development; at the institutional level for benchmarking and peer analysis; and by students and parents, through the College Navigator, an online tool to aid in the college search process.
The Data Feedback Report is intended to provide institutions a context for examining the data they submitted to IPEDS. The purpose of this report is to provide institutional executives a useful resource and to help improve the quality
External Key Performance Indicators
(source: U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Integrated
The Chronicle of Higher Education - College Completion
College Completion is a microsite produced by The Chronicle of Higher Education with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Its goal is to share data on completion rates in American higher education in a visually stimulating way. Our hope is that, as you browse around the site, you will find your own stories in the statistics and use the tools we provide to download data files; share charts through your own presentations; and comment, start conversations, or provide tips about this important topic.