Computer Integrated Machining
Take a virtual 360° tour of the Greiner Advanced Manufacturing Center, where our lab is located. To navigate to our lab, begin the tour by selecting the arrow button, then select "Programs", then select "Advanced Manufacturing", then select "Computer Integrated Machining".
Students in the Computer Integrated Machining program will spend considerable time in the study and actual operation of industrial equipment and tools to develop skills used by tool and die making companies and production and manufacturing facilities. This includes
This program prepares students to enter the workforce fields of CNC, CAM, tool making, mold making, machine tool operating, quality control, industrial sales, and production or manufacturing.
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate safe work habits and be conscious of safety when working with machinery.
- Read blueprints, interpret drawings, understand specifications, and establish tolerances.
- Apply mathematics in the machine tool technology (speeds, feeds, thread measurement, sine bar, etc.)
- Apply the principles of physics and metallurgy to the science of heat treatment operations, including hardening of steel, carburizing, case hardening, tempering, and annealing.
- Operate basic machine tools and demonstrate knowledge of their construction in relation to the metal industry.
- Demonstrate skills on computer numerical control machines and in
- Operate abrasive cutting machinery; select and plan machining operations on this equipment.
- Demonstrate skills in quality control, inspection, gauging methods, and production control as they relate to manufacturing design and production.
- Demonstrate basic oral communication skills, speak logically, and use various types of oral and written communication techniques to promote good business relationships, to develop leadership, and to establish good employer-employee relationships.
understandingof CAD/CAM programs for part design and generation of CNC code.
|Computer Integrated Machining Employers|