The Welding Technology Certificate Program provides the opportunity to develop skills necessary to be a skilled entry level welder. There is an increasing demand for welders in a variety of industries including light and heavy construction, automobile, aircraft, gas and oil, railroad, machinery and manufacturing industries. These skills are developed through theory and hands-on application into various welding specialties including Blueprint Reading and Advanced Computer Aided Design, Oxy-Fuel Welding and Related Processes, Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Basic Gas Metal Arc Welding, and Basic Gas Tungsten Arc Welding.
Students find employment in industries related to construction, machinery, manufacturing oil and gas, and transportation. Graduates with entry level certifications will find challenging jobs with opportunity for rapid advancement.
- Interpret welding blueprints
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel with the oxy fuel welding process
- Weld carbon steel with the shielded metal arc welding process
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel with the gas metal arc welding process
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel with the gas tungsten arc welding process