2018 Teaching Excellence Award
Each year at the spring Commencement ceremony, an outstanding faculty member is chosen by a committee of their peers to receive the Teaching Excellence Award. The 2018 recipient of this highest honor was Vincent Skimski, second-year plumbing instructor at Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology.
According to President Griscom, who presented the award, Mr. Skimski is committed to the mission of Thaddeus Stevens College and is focused on student success and hands-on real-world instruction.
Among the numerous nomination comments that were submitted:
- “Mr. Skimski loves to interact with his students and help them to be the
best students they can be.”
- “He encourages students to beat their weakness and overcome adversity.”
- “He has an intimate knowledge of his trade and is focused on student
success after graduation.”
- “He is passionate about plumbing and expects only the best from his
- “He asks for student ideas and input and is very understanding when
individuals are struggling with school, home or health issues.”
- “He encourages students to take pride in their
work,and stays current on
latest advancements in the field.”
Congratulations, Mr. Skimski – Stevens is proud of you!
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is consistently ranked as Pennsylvania’s top technical college and awards associate degrees in 22 high-demand, skilled occupations. A full listing of programs is available at www.StevensCollege.edu.