The Career Center is here to educate and to serve the students and graduates of Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology in the career education, planning, and developmental processes.
In support of the mission of the college, the Career Center functions as a vital component in the total educational experience of students, primarily in the development, evaluation, initiation, and implementation of career plans and opportunities. Career Center services and resources provide assistance to students in the cultivation and enhancement of skills to master job search techniques and strategies, and research employment opportunities. The Career Center provides effective and efficient service to employers in recruitment programs and activities.
- Resume writing
- Interviewing skills/mock interviewing (via Zoom during the fall semester)
- Soft "power/employability" skills
- Social media management
- Professional presentation
- Internship placement
- Job placement
- Job/Career Fairs
- On-campus company information sessions (via Zoom during the fall semester)
- College transfer (for those interested in continuing their education after graduating from TSCT)
College Central Network
College Central Network (CCN) is your best "first start" when looking for a job in your field. This is OUR Job Search website used exclusively for TSCT students and graduates. You MUST register to use CCN. New jobs are posted daily and ALL include employer contact information.
Job Opportunities for Students and Alumni
Are you interested in hiring our students and alumni? Register as an employer within College Central Network: CollegeCentral.com/Stevens. Select “Sign Up”, select “I am an employer” from the dropdown menu, then follow the instructions to create your account. Once you create an account, you may post positions on your own or send them to Career Services, who will post them for you: .
Helpful Information and Resources
Prospective Students: Three questions you should ALWAYS ask your college recruiter BEFORE enrolling in any college or post-secondary program:
- What percent of students who enroll in a particular major actually end up graduating within 2 years (for Associate's Degree) or 4 years (for Bachelor's Degree)?
- Of those students who graduate from the program, what percent are working full-time directly in the field they studied?
- Of those graduates who are working directly in their field of study, what is the median starting salary for those graduates; and what is the median base salary five years after graduation?
The median five-year placement rate of graduates of Thaddeus Stevens College is over 90%.
- Data collected via Annual Graduate Employment Surveys (Survey Monkey) one year after graduation each year
- Includes placement rates and salary information for classes '18, '19, '20
- Includes Internship numbers for classes '19, '20, '21
- Includes Employer Recruitment numbers for classes '19, '20, '21
- Data collected via Five-Year-Out Employment Surveys disseminated five years after the completion of the Annual Graduate Employment Surveys
- Includes a summary report of graduate employment information six years after graduation
- Summary includes the following classes: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Lancaster County Economic Overview (2018-2028)
Laurie Grove, Director of Career Services
George Colon, Career Services Coordinator
Location: Hartzell Building, Room 106
Hours (NEW for Spring 2022):
Monday: 8am - 6pm
Tuesday: 7am - 6pm
Wednesday: 7am - 6pm
Thursday: 8am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8am - 4:30 pm
2nd and 4th Saturday/month: 10am - 12pm