Job Fairs / Career Events
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Registration for our Virtual Spring Job Fairs is now available!
EMPLOYERS: Due to COVID-19 our hybrid schedule will continue during the spring 2021 semester. The semester will be split into two "mini semesters" allowing for social distancing and access to limited on-campus housing. During the first 8 weeks, half of our students will be on-campus in labs for hands-on learning while the other half is at home completing theory and general education courses remotely. Midway through the semester, they will swap places for the second 8 weeks. During this time, no one is permitted on campus other than faculty, students, and some staff. Details and registration information is as follows:
- We are utilizing Brazen for our Virtual Job Fairs this spring.
- Students from All program majors will be included in BOTH job fairs - half of the students will be attending the February event and the other half will be attending the March event (in theory - there are some exceptions).
- For example, we have 4 Electrical Technology classes – two classes will be learning remotely during the first 8 weeks of the semester and will attend the February event. The other two classes will be learning remotely during the second 8 weeks of the semester and will attend the March event. It is the same scenario for all program majors except for a few that will be remote for the entire semester. They will likely choose one or both events to attend.
- Spring 2021 Hybrid Schedule: see here for a list of all program majors and which Virtual Job Fair they will likely be attending
- Once you register for one or both job fairs, we will send you information on how to log into Brazen to set up your employer booth.
- Students will be attending prep-sessions (just like they did for our "on-campus" events) to make sure they have everything they need and are prepared to "e-meet" you.
- While we know this is not perfect (it's a first for us, too) and we would MUCH RATHER see you all in person, this will have to be the "next best thing" for now. We will give the virtual job fairs our very best effort to make both events worth your effort and time. Our students are excited to meet with you!
- Virtual Job Fair FAQs - as we get questions in, they will be added to this Frequently Asked Questions list. Check back often as it will be updated daily.
1st Mini Semester Job Fair - This event is current full.
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Due to the late start of our spring '21 semester, we pushed the original February date (February 11th) back 2 weeks to allow students time to prepare.
Maximum number of Employer Booths: 80
2nd Mini Semester Job Fair
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Maximum number of Employer Booths: 80
- Industry Advisory Councils
- On-Campus Recruitment (Pre-Pandemic)
- Virtual Recruitment
- Industry Mentor Program
In addition to full-time employment opportunities for our graduates, we are always looking for internship placements for current students over the summer and throughout the academic year.
RECAP from our 29th Annual Spring Job Fair(s) - February 12-13, 2020
- 670+ Employer Representatives attended the two-day on-campus event (more than 85 were TSCT Alumni!).
- Those employers represented 256 Companies from PA and neighboring states.
- 930 current sophomore and freshmen students attended (85%).
External Activity / Photos of the Event
- Students from Cedar Crest High School and McCaskey High School toured the college on Career Fair day. They had the opportunity to see the Career Fair and hear from our employers on the benefits of continuing their education beyond high school at a college like Thaddeus Stevens.
Bird's Eye View of Job/Internship Fair:
Some of our TSCT Alumni Employer Reps!