Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology looks forward to our return to campus this spring. Amidst a global pandemic, however, each of us must acknowledge our shared responsibilities. This means our campus community and its respective members, including you, must strictly follow all state and local public health requirements and all measures the College identifies as necessary to best ensure well-being and safety for all. The College’s continued operations are wholly dependent on it, and we trust that each of you will use good judgment and fully adhere to these requirements.
Please review these requirements carefully. Your failure to abide by them may subject you to disciplinary action, up to and including suspension or expulsion:
- Wear face masks in campus buildings at all times, outdoors when you cannot social distance from others, and wherever state or local laws require.
- Honor physical distancing requirements established in classrooms and all other campus gatherings, including any off-campus gatherings.
- Be tested for COVID-19 as directed by the College, including testing we may require prior to your arrival on campus and as necessary throughout the school year.
- Fully and candidly cooperate in contact tracing, when called upon to do so by College or other contact tracers, providing information to help identify those who may have been exposed to the virus.
- If you test positive and must isolate, or are identified as a close contact with someone who is infected and must self-quarantine, notify the College immediately and explicitly follow the College’s instructions.
- Follow all guidance from the College and state/local authorities, including the COVID-19 Health and Safety plan, signage, e-mails, and any other notifications.
Other critical requirements include:
- If you test positive at a location away from campus, including in a different state, you must notify the College at once.
- If you feel ill, call Health Services or seek other medical attention.
You must carefully read and acknowledge the following statement:
I acknowledge that the Centers for Disease Control, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology have issued guidance, rules, and precautions that may or may not be effective in mitigating the spread of COVID-19, and that it is my responsibility to follow these and other directives to protect myself and others from the substantial risks posed by this virus.
I assume any and all risk of exposure to COVID-19 that may result from attending the College, or participating in College activities, and I acknowledge that exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, or death. I acknowledge that the College Code of Conduct outlines sanctions, including suspension or expulsion, which may be imposed should I fail to comply with these directives. I affirm that I will follow all of these requirements and make every effort to discourage the spread of COVID-19.
I understand that I must immediately consult with the College’s Office of Counseling/Accessibility Services if I have a medical or other condition that may affect my ability to adhere to the commitments stated above.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the College's COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan Student Education document for the Spring 2022 semester.
If, at any point, I am unable to keep these commitments to my classmates and campus community, I will remove myself from the College campus. If I do not choose to take this step, I understand that I will have given up my privilege of being on campus, and that the College may, in the interest of public health and safety, take administrative action to prohibit me from participating in any in-person campus activities, including residing in residence halls, attending classes, or joining any other activity that otherwise would be available to me. In short, I recognize that I may give up my opportunity to continue as a student at the College if I do not follow these requirements.