Thaddeus Stevens College has partnered with PSECU (Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union) since 2015 to provide on-campus banking services and Financial Education to the campus community. PSECU offers full-service banking including; FREE checking accounts to students, Alumni and their families with no money needed to open their membership, no minimum balance and no monthly service fees. Plus very competitive loan rates for your borrowing needs. In most cases all that’s needed is a State ID or Driver’s License. There are two PSECU machines located on campus and over 30,000 other FREE ATM’s to use as a member, as well as up to $20.00 a month in ATM rebates. PSECU also offers free online and mobile banking, free checks and your credit score monthly for free.
Locations on Campus:
- Full service ATM, deposit, and withdraw machine: Orange Street Lobby
- Withdraw-only machine: LRC on Main Campus
PSECU offers in-person hours at several College locations. Kristyne Schonhaut is available at TSCT on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the MAC (2nd floor). Kristyne is also available by appointment, via phone or Zoom, the rest of the week. Email to make an appointment.
Banks are for-profit entities that make money for their corporate stockholders. Credit unions are not-for-profit. We work for you. Visit us at: www.psecu.com/students.
- No minimum balance, no monthly service fees
- Immediate access to deposited funds
- Free basic-style checks
Free Online & Mobile Banking
- Free monthly credit score service
- Free bill-payer service
- Free mobile app
- Free account alerts can be sent to your phone
- Mobile check deposit
- Nationwide access to 70,000 surcharge-free ATMs for deposits and withdrawals
- Surcharge-free rebates (if you have to use an out-of-network ATM
- Up to $20/month if you have Direct Deposit
- Up to $8/month without it
Free Financial Education
Have questions about things like your credit score, credits cards, getting out of debt and budgeting? We have answers that can help you make the most out of every penny you earn, both while you're in school and after you graduate. At our interactive WalletWorks events, we explain the money management concepts most important to you -- right here on Campus.
We look for enthusiastic students with a passion for helping others to guide their peers on a path to financial growth. Responsibilities include explaining our products and services, demonstrating how to use online and mobile banking tools, and assisting with membership applications.
Random Act of Freeness
No one likes free more than we do, and to help spread the word, we give away Random Acts of Freeness such as sunglasses, flying discs, pizza and so much more. We've even sponsored chair massages during finals week.
- Credit Unions vs. Banks
- Make the Most of Your Money
- Learn About Your Score
- Inside a Credit Report
- Should I Spend My Student Loan "Refund"?
- Five Tips for Building Healthy Credit
Online and Digital Resources for Students
- WalletWorks: Online Resources
- Financial Tips Blog
- Debunking Common Credit Myths
- Budgeting Worksheet
- Video: Create Your Budget
- PSECU Recorded Webinar - Spending Plans & Credit Combo (Abbreviated): This webinar combines two of our most requested topics – creating a spending plan and understanding credit. During the spending plan portion, five steps to building a better budget are reviewed and explained. During the credit portion, viewers are provided with an overview of credit reports and credit scores and how credit can impact them now and in the future.
- PSECU Recorded Webinar - Managing Your Money in College (Abbreviated): Managing Your Money in College is meant to help students, especially those in their early years of college, learn about money management tips. Content includes key terms, common myths, and the impact of credit on college students.
- PSECU Recorded Webinar: Now What? Repaying Student Loans