Information on this page will be updated regularly.
Please refresh your browser to ensure that you are receiving the most current information.
January 16, 2018
Skill Up Fast - Production Welding
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology Inclement Weather or Emergency Closing
What Things Mean
- One-Hour Delay/Late Opening. Students report to the class they would normally be in at 9 a.m., Classes end at normal time. All offices open as soon as possible but no later than 9:30 a.m.
- Two-Hour Delay/Late Opening. Students report to the class they normally would be in at 10 a.m. Classes will end at their normal time. All offices open as soon as possible but no later than 10:30 a.m. All morning shop classes will still be held. Report to class by 10:00 a.m.
- Day Classes Cancelled. All classes on the main campus normally scheduled from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. are canceled, and administrative offices are closed. Designated key emergency personnel should report to work. Please note: Because of changing conditions, evening classes may be held even when day classes have been canceled.
- Evening Classes Cancelled. All classes on the main campus normally scheduled from 5 p.m. and after are canceled.
- Activities, athletic events or individual facilities may be canceled or closed even when the College is open. Individual events may take place even when classes are canceled.
- Status may change: For example, a one-hour delay may later change to a two-hour or longer delay or change to a closing. Late-afternoon and evening classes may be canceled even if the College has been open all day.
- Faculty and Staff: Key emergency personnel must report even when classes are canceled. For complete information on reporting, see the Employee Handbook.
How to Find Out What’s Happening
- Rave text messages, the Stevens website, social media, and the news are the first places where information is posted and updated. Information is also posted to Facebook and Twitter as it becomes available.
- Rave text message: A brief text message from the emergency text messaging system Rave will provide status updates. Sign up at https://www.getrave.com/login/stevenscollege, and keep your cell phone on.
- Thaddeus Stevens website & portal: Top-level information is posted on the home page; more detailed info is at http://stevenscollege.edu/weather/
- Social media: Thaddeus Stevens updates its Facebook page and Twitter feed with weather-related information as it becomes available.