Women at Thaddeus Stevens College
Have you ever seen a plumber, a carpenter, a welder, an electrician, a mechanical engineer, an electronic engineer doing their jobs and realized, "I know I can do that, if I just knew where to start."
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is the starting point for a world of opportunity in these fields, as well as many others. The hands-on training of Thaddeus Stevens College, coupled with the academic skills a student learns create some of the best career opportunities in these industries.
TSCT GRADUATE STEAMS AHEAD AS ENGINEER AT STRASBURG RAILROAD
TOP 10 REASONS WOMEN SHOULD CONSIDER TECHNICAL CAREERS
- High-paying technical careers give women economic empowerment.
- Go where the jobs are: 65% of today's jobs require skilled, technical workers.
- Be challenged and satisfied by active hands-on work.
- Take advantage of the high demand for women in technical careers.
- Choose from diverse work environments: outdoor, industrial, laboratory, etc.
- Break gender-based stereotypes and be a role model to other women.
- Employers actively seek qualified women to enhance workforce diversity.
- Technical careers apply creativity, problem solving, and artistic skill.
- Develop pride in lasting projects on which you worked.
- Many technical careers are accessible after two years of training.