Founded 1905; Wholly Owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Provide economically disadvantaged individuals in Pennsylvania a technical education that will enable them to break the cycle of poverty and become productive citizens. Stevens Grant for all Pell-eligible students (54%) includes tuition, room, board, books and tools). Only responsible for EFC on FAFSA.
- Support the critical technical workforce needs of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 2,800 applicants for Fall 2018 (up 300 over Fall 2017) for 700 openings in the Freshman class
- Fall 2018 Enrollment up 91 Students to 1,233
- 8 % (365) students with disabilities
- 1,400 employers with more than 3,000 jobs for 400 graduates (Class of 2018)
- Progression Rate: 72.4%; Graduation Rate: 64.3% (Class of 2017)
- Overall Placement Rate: 98%; In-Major 93% (82% Response Rate) (class of 2017)
- 97% of graduates remain in Pennsylvania (Class of 2015, 2016 and 2017)
External Measures of Effectiveness:
- Forbes: Ninth Best Two-Year College in America 2018
- Aspen Institute: Top Ten Percent of Two-Year Colleges in America since inception of Award
- United States Department of Education: Out-performing 28 two-year benchmark colleges in New York, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Middle States Reaccreditation highest possible; No Recommendations; Two Commendations
Internal Measures of Effectiveness (Class of 2017):
- Cost per student decreased $662 (Based on State appropriation)
- Median student loan debt: $9,000
- Median base starting salary: $42,499
Questions to Ask When Considering Postsecondary Education:
- Of the students who started the program I am interest in, what percent graduated?
- What is the program’s median base starting salary for graduates?
- What is the median student loan debt of graduates of the program?
- How satisfied are your graduates with their education?
- How satisfied are employers who hire graduates with their preparation?
- Where are graduates of this program five years following graduation?